7 Tips to Consider Prior to Marketing
As the first week of spring is upon us and we enter the time of year when, traditionally more properties come to market I thought I would offer 7 tips to consider prior to marketing, these aren’t gospel, just suggestions to enhance and possibly speed up the selling process. They are certainly cost effective, the important thing is to not throw thousands of dollars into your home that may not be required.
- Clear clutter, room by room
- Clean windows in and out
- Tidy the garden, front and rear, the front garden is generally the first impression a buyer gets
- Check the outside of the house for neglect, cobwebs and old toys, tools lying around etc aren’t appealing. Do parts of the exterior need a paint touch up?
- Get rid of any signs of neglect or poor maintenance in the house itself. Replace dead light bulbs, fix squeaky doors, broken blinds, dripping taps etc
- Unless it’s a child’s bedroom, or bedrooms really are too small, put in a double or queen bed or buyer will assume a bigger one won’t fit. (Wish I was kidding about this one)
- Dogs are a mans best friend but ask someone you trust to be honest with you, does the house smell? If so, shampoo carpets.
As you see, nothing shocking in there, they are easy things to do that could make a huge difference to your eventual selling price.
If you are thinking of selling your home or want more information on the Upper Hutt property market please call me on the numbers below or contact me via email email@example.com alternately fill in your details here on my website.
(04) 212 6787
I now have a Facebook page Please “like” www.facebook.com/steveslicker if you would like to be kept up to date on the on the latest real estate news and listings.