Ask a real estate agent these questions
So you are getting ready to put your home on the market but how do you choose which agent to use? Do you think we are all the same?
If you do then there’s not a lot I can do for you and you should go with the cheapest and stop reading this now.
If however you are more insightful, like the majority of people out there, then you want the agent who is going to sell your single greatest asset to have experience, expertise, professionalism and a fantastic track record. But how can you tell just from looking at them? Simply put you can’t, so I’m going to give you some pertinent questions that will help you ‘interview’ the agents who come through your door.
- How long have you been selling real estate?
- How many properties have you sold in the last 12 months?
- From what advertising sources do the majority of local home buyers come?
- Approximately how many purchasers do you have listed on your books who might be interested in inspecting my property for sale?
- Answer these:
- Do you recommend advertising on the internet?
- If yes, what sites do you use?
- Do you use virtual tours?
- Are Open Homes a good idea?
- What is your agency’s attitude to auction?
- Over the last 6 months, what has been the percentage variation in a local property from asking price to sold price?
- What is your agency’s average length of time from the first marketing activity to offer and acceptance?
- What is the length of your agency period?
- Do you provide a Service Guarantee? If yes, can I see it?
- If I am not happy with your service what remedies do I have?
- What is the average cost of a marketing programme?
- Why should I appoint you as my selling agent?
If you are thinking of selling your home or want more information on the Upper Hutt property market please call me on the numbers below or contact me via email email@example.com alternately fill in your details here on my website.
(04) 212 6787
I also have a Facebook page Please “like” www.facebook.com/steveslicker if you would like to be kept up to date on the on the latest real estate news and listings.